She is a massage therapist. He is a middle school science teacher and sword making guru. A couple of years back, on a hot summer night in Austin, their fate was sealed. Then earlier this year, on a lovely summer evening at Mercury Hall in Austin Texas, Jen and Greg vowed to love each other eternally in front of their families and close friends. Their wedding was a family and friends affair with everyone contributing something to the beautiful evening.
Jennifer… I looked out the window as he got out of his car and I immediately thought, “that’s my guy” 🙂
Greg… The night I met Jennifer, we’d already been texting the night before and I was pretty excited to meet her. I went to her house with kayaks on the roof of my car, planning to show her some adventure. My plan was to take her out on Town Lake to see the bats come out at sunset. But… from the moment I met her at the door, I had an incredible feeling that she was Mrs. Right and that I didn’t want to be anywhere else. We never did go kayaking that night and the next day we decided to shut down our OK Cupid accounts.
The flower arrangement “vases” on tables (above image) were hand-made by the Groom – melting aluminum and pouring the molten metal down fire ant mounds (see his site www.swordcastingguy.com)
A HUGE thank you goes out to the amazing team who brought this day to life…
- Venue: Mercury Hall, Austin Texas
- Bridal Gown: Unbridled, Austin Texas
- Alterations: Carolina Rengel of The Art Alterations Austin Texas
- Bride’s Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Hair/Makeup: Tara Bland of the Luxe Artistry Group Austin Texas
- Flowers: Teresa Harrison of Atelier Harrison Austin Texas
- Flower Arrangement Bases (on tables): Greg Wenderski (groom)
- Live Music: bride’s brother and girlfriend
- Catering: Barbara Frisbie, Austin Texas El Locavore Catering
- Cake: friend of bride/groom
- Hotel (wedding guests): Intercontinental Stephen F. Austin, Austin Texas