What Makes a Good Headshot?
During 2020 and into 2021, a lot of services have been cut back. Photography was one of those, but that doesn’t have to stop you from updating your own headshot with a good DIY one.
Here are 5 elements that make a great headshot
- Is framed from the chest up.
- Captures you looking directly at the camera. Eye contact is one of the most important elements of a great headshot.
- Has good lighting on your face. Natural light is best and straight to face, not from above or the side. Beware of weird shadowing. Best to stand facing a window with NO direct sunlight coming in.
- Showcases the personality and aura you want to give off. This is what makes it memorable.
- Is easy to see and notice even when it’s small.
There you have it, simple as pie. Now, there is no excuse for you to NOT show up on social media with a professional first impression.